Welcome to Bundaberg CANEGROWERS
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Your health is our priority as we deal with the coronavirus and together we will get through this. It is crucial that people continue to listen to the advice from our medical professionals when it comes to social distancing and hygiene.
Below are phone numbers and websites which might be useful if you’re looking for information:
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) is continuing to work closely with the agriculture sector to plan for current and emerging issues arising from COVID-19. Keep yourself up to date with the latest agriculture news. DAF has also put together a summary document outlining all the current COVID-19 related support services and information relevant to agribusiness.
- www.australia.gov.au – updated regularly with a wide variety of information and factsheets on health and prevention measures, support for the community, information for travellers and links to state government information
- www.business.gov.au 13 28 46 - seven days per week from 7am to 11pm AEST - advice on support available to businesses, i.e. cash flow assistance, wage subsidies for apprentices/trainees, etc. State Governments; Small Business Line: 1300 654 687
- Please, do not go to a Centrelink shopfront. Go to www.servicesaustralia.gov.au or call: Services Australia Jobseeker line: 132 850, MyGov Helpdesk: 132 307 or Child Support (change of circumstances): 131 272
- 1800 020 080 - National Coronavirus Health Information Line available 24/7. This line provides health and situation information on the outbreak.
- Queensland Government Community Recovery hotline 1800 173 349 – can assist people in self quarantine.
- Safe Work Australia - Agriculture: Minimising the risk from COVID -19 - https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/covid-19-information-workplaces/industry-information/agriculture
- Business Queensland - Managing agriculture workplace health and safety concerns - https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/farms-fishing-forestry/agriculture/coronavirus-support/workplace-health-safety
- CANEGROWERS has produced a Sugarcane Farm COVID-19 Guide to help growers manage on farm procedures around workplace hygiene to minimise the risk of coronavirus spreading amongst their family, workers and contractors. Visit http://www.canegrowers.com.au/icms_docs/317139_canegrowers-sugarcane-farm-covid-19-guide.pdf to view the guide.
And please remember, stay 1.5 metres away from others, wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, avoid touching your face, ensure you cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and if you are sick, please stay at home.
Projects and Events
The “Smartcane BMP” Program is an opportunity for sugarcane growers throughout the state to showcase their farming practices. Smartcane BMP Facilitators in your local CANEGROWERS office are available to assist growers to register on the Smartcane BMP website and to complete assessment questionnaires about various aspects of their farming practices. Growers who have registered on Smartcane BMP and completed the assessments are invited to seek assistance from their local facilitator to achieve Smartcane BMP accreditation. Facilitated training and assistance sessions are held at CANEGROWERS office each Thursday morning. For further details on the Smartcane BMP Program click here.
CANEGROWERS Insurance Scheme - owned by growers, working for growers, was commenced in 2012 to look after our members’ insurance needs. Wide Bay Authorised Representative Ray Goodwin has extensive experience in looking after the insurance needs of the rural sector and has assisted many of our members to ensure that their insurance cover is tailored to their requirements. Ray provides a personalised on-farm service to growers, primarily servicing CGU’s Canepol insurance policies. He also has access to a broad range of other insurance products and alternative underwriters so that appropriate insurance cover can be obtained for all aspects of members’ businesses at the best price.
To contact Ray to discuss your insurance needs call 4151 2555 or on mobile on 0418 891 783.
Bundaberg CANEGROWERS Ltd
Our Mission is to provide representation, leadership and services and promote unity in the interest of growers.
Our Goals are to provide an effective and efficient service through a focus on growers' key concerns within a changing environment. To maximise grower and industry proceeds by marketing current and future sugar production through a structure that is transparent and accountable to the industry. To ensure that industry growth is managed and market driven within a sustainable sugar industry. To ensure environmentally and financially sustainable production through managing and coordinating inputs and resources.
Our Vision is to ensure a secure and profitable future for Bundaberg cane growers.